Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sorry for the delay!

I'm disappointed, too. I actually recorded a podcast three days ago. I was experimenting with a different recording setup, and after listening to it I decided the sound quality in the first half of the show was unacceptable. So I need to redo it, *sigh*. The better news is that I think the recording rig CAN work ok, and it gives me a little more flexibility in where & when I record a show. I'd love to say that will me do even more shows with even more people, but the reality is that I'm just trying to keep up with the pace I set in 2005!

A couple advance tidbits from the soon-to-be-rerecorded-show...

Want to join me in a play-by-web game of Torres, Alhambra, and/or Fearsome Floors? Then make sure you're a registered player on the pbw site Boîte à Jeux and send me an email with your username. Better yet, post it in a comment here. It's not possible to create a password-protected game just for BGTGers on that site, but I can invite specific users to join me in a game.

It's a session report and feedback show featuring Jenseits von Theben, Vegas Showdown, Bolide, and Zahltag. In case you want to study-up or something. :)

-Mark

8 Comments:

Blogger Brent Mair said...

I guess I'm firing up TWIT again for the trip in. I'll be looking for hte next episode. I'm up for any game at BaJ. Username is spielguy

6:52 PM  
Blogger Alfred said...

I'm always up for some Torres or Alhambra. Username: alfredhw.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Ah, took me a while. TWIT = This Week in Tech, right? A top podcast . . . when you're not listening to boardgame podcasts, that is! :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Brent Mair said...

You are right about TWIT.
I listen to every show of TWIT, Security Now, Inside the Net, WebDev Radio, The Dice Tower, Garret's Games, and your show, and an smattering of occasional other episodes and I still don't have enough to listen to.

Of course your podcast is top notch so I'm always impatient to get another one.

8:22 AM  
Blogger ekted said...

I'll play Alhambra. I'm willing to learn FF. But I'm all Torres'd out for now.

My BaJ name is "ekted".


- Jim

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little afraid of your next PodCast...

I was very interested in Jenseits von Theben based on what I heard. I must admit, it was partly because it was rare and unusual. Since I want to buy games to play, and not as trophies, I talked myself out of it. The price made that decision much easier. A positive session report might get me in trouble...

Of course, I might be safe since that window of opportunity has probably closed.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, tpan, it's really more interesting than good (though it is certainly enjoyable). Assuming it doesn't get a reprint, you should be able to get a copy down the line, if you feel you need one.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! As usual, my name there is also snoozefest. I would play Alhambra, maybe Torres (it's been a while, though, and I've never played on Boite a jeux).

And how about Tikal on Spiel By Web? That's one of those games I really liked a lot, but haven't played in years.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home