Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Voicemail and more play-by-web

It was pointed out to me that the BGTG voicemail line (206-222-BGTG) didn't have an outgoing greeting, making it a little weird to leave a voicemail. That's now fixed, so it should be more inviting to leave me a message. Now I need to do the same for my Skype account.

Speaking of voicemail, I've received a few messages lately that were a few seconds of silence . . . nothing more. Recent messages from Brent Mair, Eric Burgess, and Rick Thornquist came through fine, but if you're not one of those people then I didn't get anything from you. Please try again, and thanks for your patience.

After finishing the first two play-by-web (PBW) games with BGTG listeners, I'm kicking off a few more. Look for more games of Reef Encounter, Wallenstein, and (gulp!) Amun-Re on SpielByWeb. They'll all say Boardgames To Go somewhere, and use BGTG as the join password. Over on Ludagora I'll start another Durch die Wüste (Through the Desert) game using the same method. And on Boardgamegeek for Euphrat & Tigris, as well as Auf Heller und Pfennif (Kingdoms). I'd like to start Alhambra and Torres games on Boîte á Jeux, but there's no easy way to "password protect" games on that site. (Although if you email me your BAJ usernames, I can invite you to a game there. They're down for maintenance today but should be back up soon.) Yowza!

-Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home