Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Monday, January 30, 2006

Board Game Internet Awards


This podcast won an Honorable Mention in the BGIA's Best Game Podcast or Videocast category! I appreciate the selection, and most of all the initiative of the Gone Gaming blog that dreamed up these awards. There are a lot of categories and they've all served to put a spotlight on some great content on the net about our hobby. There are blogs, strategy articles, advocacy articles, humor, and more highlited.

Congratulations also to the winners of the various podcast awards, BoardgameSpeak for best overall, BoardgameSpeak again for best individual episode (Knizia at Kublacon), and Boardgames with Scott for the best new podcast/videocast.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,

I'm using The Podcatcher Formerly Known As iPodder (now "Juice") to download your show. Today's post about BGIA *looks* like a blog entry (no audio), but the feed shows a "media enclosure" of http://files.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamespeak.php?id=31

Mistake? Or am I screwing up?

Great podcast, your award is well-deserved!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Uh-oh, that's my mistake. l'll fix it, but won't get a chance for a few more hours.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

I can't get your feed anymore with FeedDemon. It says it's a blocked enclosure. FD uses file extensions to qualify feeds. Your like shows up as: http://feeds.feedburner.com/BoardgamesToGo?m=99

Dale Larson

3:15 PM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Try it now, Dale. I'd messed up by having a link to a particular BoardgameSpeak. My feed mistook that to be a new podcast, and it led to some problems. I've tried to undo all of that now, so hopefully it's back to working as it should.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Try it now, Dale

Nope. Not working. In fact I don't even see an MP3 icon that I can click on to manually get the file anymore. FeedDemon would show these as well but it doesn't. Previous Podcasts of yours are showing up with downloadable links.

Dale Larson

7:25 PM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Oh, that's because this particular entry doesn't have a podcast of mine! It's just a blog entry mentioning the BGIAs. All of my podcasts start with "BGTG..." I just confused the podcatcher software this morning by including a link to someone else's podcast hosted elsewhere on the net (the award-winning BoardgameSpeak).

So you're not missing anything of mine. :)

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...never mind... :)

I thought I was going to miss an episode!

Thanks for the excellent follow-up.

Dale

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home