Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Fight on!

In about an hour my alma mater, the University of Southern California takes on the University of Texas for the college football national championship. But get this--Texas is also my alma mater! Yeah, my two colleges are ranked #1 and #2, facing each other in the storied Rose Bowl today for all the marbles. Am I conflicted? (Everyone asks.) No! Grad school was more like a job--undergrad was where all the fun was. I'm wearing a USC Trojans shirt, Rose Bowl hat, hoodie, "Beat Texas" button, and we're flying the USC flag on the pole at home (Candy also graduated from to USC). I've got a CD of the band playing right now on my computer!

When USC wins it will be the first "threepeat" in college football history! It's been done in other sports, but never college football. We can't wait!!


S-O-U-T-HERN "Beat the Longhorns" C-A-L-I-FORNIA
Southern Califorrrrrrrrrrnnnnia!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost...

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even a UCLA grad was cheering for USC. Its southern California after all! Too bad. So very close!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wouldn't have been a threepeat anyway. LSU won the National Championship in 2003.

SEC rules all.

Sorry, had to do that. But LSU would have beat USC that year, their defense was incredible.

BTW: I love your show. I only wish you had more time to record more shows.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww... too bad :-D

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home