Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Monday, September 26, 2005

BGTG 37 - September 25, 2005 - Mark's Wargaming Credentials



Although this podcast will never be about wargames in a substantial way, I still play the occasional wargame and still consider myself a wargamer. Just an infrequent one. :-) Even though I don't play them so often, my interest in military history remains (all history, really). After hearing more about wargames on other podcasts, reading some Consimworld again, and generally experiencing my periodic resurgent interest in wargaming, I figured it was time to talk about them on Boardgames To Go.

This show is sort of a theme show, then . . . a general discussion of my own history with and interest in wargames. My preferences are for the lightest (or shortest, more accurately) wargames that even boardgamers might consider.

-Mark

Links
Wargame sites: Web-grognards, Consimworld, Alam Emrich's Introduction to Wargaming
Quick & Fun Wargames (3 hours or less) thread
Military History magazine
Strategy & Tactics magazine (Battle for Germany, World War One)
Vae Victis magazine (French)
Against the Odds magazine (which I haven't seen & forgot to mention!)
Wikipedia
Smithsonian series (Gettysburg, Battle of the Bulge, D-Day, Midway, Guadalcanal, Mustangs)
Attacktix games (Victory at Waterloo, 8th Army, Arnhem Bridge, Battle for Normandy, etc.)
One Page Bulge
We The People
Columbia block games (Quebec 1759, War of 1812, Napoleon, Liberty)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another excellent show.

Matthew

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head on this show, I so miss games and magazines that have associated material about the background of the game. I wish eurogames included a 2-4 page background information related to the theme.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home