Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Sunday, September 18, 2005

BGTG 36A - All About Verräter (with Greg Aleknevicus - Part 1)



You can tell from the date that I've had this show recorded for a week already. The "All About" shows are often my most well-regarded . . . by both my listeners and myself! So you know I didn't want to sit on this one, especially for one of my favorite games. However, the quality of the sound recording meant that I had to work a little harder to fix this one up. I hope you're able to hear it ok, because both Greg's The Games Journal and Verräter are worth the attention.

I split the recording into two parts due to its length. This first, smaller part includes the interview with Greg about both himself and The Games Journal.

-Mark

Links
The Games Journal
Greg Alecnevikus' Gaming Bio article

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great show. Sound quality was a little disappointing, but kudos to Mark's continual attempts to try new formats and approaches.

It was great to hear Greg's voice. I was surprised by his comments concerning the lack of feedback to The Games Journal. I always had the impression (from http://www.thegamesjournal.com/letters/Sept2005.shtml etc) that it had quite a good volume of feedback. I'll have to send some more in. ;-)

Matthew (from Sydney, Australia_

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A quick comment for Greg that you may also get a kick out of, Mark: I do read The Games Journal regularly. I built a customized AvantGo channel and have The Games Journal synchronized to my Palm handheld. It can be a touch rough to read sometimes, as the formatting is (obviously) not customized for that device, but it's nice to have it with me when I have the opportunity to read an article or two.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

It's sort of ironic that Greg discussed the challanges facing The Games Journal in this episode before deciding to close down. Maybe talking about the new environment prodded the decision along. Whatever the case, the archives of TGJ remain valuable, and the gaming community will miss one of its pioneering web publications.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home