Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

BGTG 58 - May 17, 2006 - SR: Ticket to Ride: Märklin, Buy Low Sell High, Dschunke and Feedback



See? I told you I'd get a show out this week. Just had to ignore my family to get it done. (I'm kidding.) Don't know if I will, but I think I should try to knock out a couple more semi-smaller shows featuring session reports and some feedback. We'll see. This one starts with a smattering of news items and whatnot before I get into the discussion of specific games. Stuff like mentioning some new boardgame podcasts that are out there, new play-by-web options, and so on.

-Mark

Links
Boardgames with Scott (now with audio-only/podcast feed option)
Geeknights
Hacienda on Yucata.de, Samurai on Mabiweb, (and another Vinci map on Ludagora)
Ticket to Ride:Märklin
Buy Low Sell High (and Palmyra)
Dschunke
History According to Bob podcast (looks like the 30YW material relevant to Wallenstein has already scrolled off the archives. Well, subscribe to this podcast to make sure you don't miss more good material! Or wait for Bob to release Set C of his CD's.)


5 Comments:

Blogger ekted said...

Mark,

I"m a Vassal newbie, but I have been playing a little ASL in it. I'm willing to muddle through something together. I'm hot to try Twilight Struggle. Are you interested in that? Not so much a wargame, but very historical.

I have you as a Skype contact, but I don't see you on very often.


- Jim

11:50 PM  
Blogger ekted said...

This is a fantastic podcast:

http://militaryhistorypodcast.blogspot.com/

12:03 AM  
Blogger Flieger said...

So, can you play basic TTR and TTR Europe with the Marklin version?

7:21 AM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

I don't know, Flieger. I hope someone has tried it and can tell us. (Guess I should look through BGG for an answer.) My suspicion is that it would play okay mechanically, but that some of the game balances would be off.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

I bought "Buy Low, Sell High"
since you gave it a positive review. I liked the game quite a bit. We played with poker chips for money and that worked very well.
The cards may get messed up very quickly so I will probably laminate them.

thanks,
Brian - BGG:sdhockeyboy

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home