Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Saturday, March 11, 2006

BGTG 53a - Mar 6, 2006 - All About La Città (with Jonathan Degann, part 1)



Finally! Another All About show, which are the sort that everyone seems to love best. This one was recorded with Jonathan Degann, who you may know from his opinions on mailing lists, his Game Theory 101 articles on The Games Journal, or most recently his own blog. Jonathan is someone I played with regularly for some time, when I was with the Left Coast Gamers. Then a few years ago I helped get the Santa Clarita Boardgamers going in my own town, though I still see Jonathan at SoCal Games Days and some other opportunities.

As I've done in the past, the show was long and interesting enough to split it into two parts. The first is talking with Jonathan about his background in the hobby and those writings of his. Then in the second part we get into the actual game discussion.

By the way, have you noticed my voice all over some other boardgame podcasts? I'm becoming an audio spammer! No, I just got in the swing of recording a response or question after listening to a podcast. I didn't think they'd all use them at once! :)

-Mark

Links
Earliest games: Clue, Life
3M titles: High Bid, Stocks & Bonds, Acquire
The dark years: Strategy & Tactics, Panzergruppe Guderian, bgg blackSmoker's Wild
Getting better?: Guerilla, Blackbeard
The Games Cabinet
A whole new world: Incognito, Modern Art, Elfenroads, El Grande, Settlers of Catan, Serenissima
Game Theory 101 articles on The Games Journal: Story Arc, The Bomb, Agonizing Decisions, Nervous Systems
A Fine Disregard, by Kirk Varnedoe (critical analysis and appreciation of modern art)
Jonathan's blog: Journal of Boardgame Design

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I use Opera 8.5 as my RSS Reader it never shows the URL for your MP3 files (unlike most other podcasts I listen to)...

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home