Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The logos are here!

Greg Wilzbach's logos are now displayed at the top of this page. I had one idea, helped by some other friends, and Greg also came up with his own concept. The result is two nice logos. While I could use the both, probably one should be the main one--maybe the only one. And why not make it a new web poll!

Take a look at those two logos, and then use the voting buttons in the right sidebar. I won't take nearly so long to wind up the voting as I did on the previous polls. This one will go just about a week or so.

Speaking of polls, check out the results from my old one about the purpose of the International Gamers Awards. While my own opinions about overall game production or growing the hobby weren't completely shut out in the poll, the overwhelming response was that the award should concentrate on game design alone. Which is pretty much what the IGAs do, so I guess it's meeting expectations.

-Mark

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like 'em both, although the pawn a bit more. What would it look like if you put a meeple (in profile, almost) instead of the pawn?

:snooze:

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both are great logos. While the iPod-meeple blast off may be in line with the Podcast, the Pawn-logo is more esthetically pleasing. Looks more polished...

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the hell am I supposed to stuff the ballot box if it won't allow me to vote multiple times?!

Anyway, the rocketing meeple is *much* cooler and more old-school NASA-like. The pawn logo has neither aesthetic value nor is it more polished. LAME LAME LAME!!!!

You people are idiots ;)

1:48 PM  
Blogger jaywowzer said...

I think the blast-off meeple is more personal and fitting for your show. I like the way the logo merges the ipod with a game board score track as a background for the orbiting meeple which ties in your day-job.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for the pawn logo because I don't have an iPod. It's bashpodder, not iTunes, for me. Something between the corny pawn logo and the futuristic iPod logo (but without an iPod) might work... and I am also unfamiliar with the meeple!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pawn on wheels because its full of action. I guess the other one looks a little like an advert for an iPod (which I like) but the action pawn says 'games' more.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home