Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Saturday, June 11, 2005

BGTG - June 11, 2005 (Mike Mayer and Robo Rally)



You asked for a second voice on Boardgames To Go? You got it!

Ok, only some of you asked for a second voice. And ok, I won't have someone like Mike Mayer joining me on the podcast regularly. In fact, right now I think I'll still do the majority of the shows solo. But now that I've figured out how to patch in a remote collaborator for the show, I will do more of this in the future. I want to get Mike back on the show, and I've got some other friends to include, too.

After getting a little of Mike's own background, we launched into an unannounced theme show about a single game: Robo Rally. Mike is someone that really enjoys the game, while I just think it's ok. We do our best to talk about that, and include the little bits we know about the upcoming new release (hint: we're no Rick Thornquist of the Gamewire...we don't know any more than anyone else). Most of all, we had fun.

Email Mark Johnson

Games
Robo Rally (and Amazon.com's listing)

Links
Mike Mayer's profile on Boardgamegeek
Wilmington Board Games
Robo Runner (play-by-web clone of Robo Rally)
Robo Rally Editor

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Info and pics an of the new version can be found here:
http://www.gametrademagazine.com/gtm64_pdfs/GTM64_roborally.pdf

-Mike M

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This show started off intended for gamers who had played Roborally before. However, it went backwards and started explaining about the game, and the upcoming release, and what the mechanics were like. If the show format was switched around, it would make more logical sense.

However, one never knows with audio blogs where it's heading. =)

- Anson

12:18 PM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

I think that's a sharp comment, Anson, and one I'll watch more carefully for future 2-person shows. More than anything, this taught me that a bit more show prep (or maybe just coordination) is needed when you've got another person recording with you. It wasn't Mike's fault--really! You can hear him consider starting at a more natural place, with a mechanics description, but I then went another direction...only to have to come back later.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home