Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Even more for iTunes

I finally figured out how to make my older podcasts show up in iTunes. Now the bulk of my listeners should have access to the earlier material. A grand experiment in my podcast host and bandwidth limitations is about to start... :-/

What kicked me into gear to finally "fix" this was the discovery that my pre-iTunes shows showed downloads/audience of only half what the more recent shows are getting.

-Mark

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what was the fix?

:snooze:

6:27 AM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

I've got Blogger software under the hood here, even on my own website. And it was through a Blogger setting that I could make the 999 most recent posts appear on the blog's front page. That put them all in the atom file, which puts them in the feedburner feed, which connects it to your podcatching software (including iTunes).

7:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks! i decided to put my files up on blogger, too. I have no plans to advertise - it's not a show (who wants to just listen to rules??), so much as a convenient repository for rules summaries - but the blog thing should make it very easy to get the audio files to people. Although I'm not sure if anyone but me will ever listen to the stuff... :)

ah well.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Uh... care to include a link, snooze?

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home