Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Monday, October 30, 2006

BGTG 64 - Oct 23, 2006 - SR & Feedback show (Thurn und Taxis, Gene Pool, Wallamoppi)




I'm starting to catch up with some older feedback as I begin to do more Session Report shows again. I had a bit of a cold while recording this one, but I hope it still sounds ok. And I sure hope I edited out all the times I coughed!

Something I forgot to mention was the information Gene Pool's designer posted about self-publishing his game. It's on the Board Game Designers Forum.

-Mark

4 Comments:

Blogger ekted said...

Nice show, Mark. Don't let anyone convince you that Hacienda is a good game. :)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Mike Doyle said...

Enjoyed the show. Yes I really agree with your comment that it would be nice to see on Geek which artist did which game. Often I find a game I really like the look of and wish it were easier to find other games that artist did. That said, one can go to FunAgain which does list the artists and will link to other works that they have done. Still it would be much cleaner to have it all on the Geek.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see a show back, Mark.

When's the last time you had a Ding Dong Mark? Were you suffering from gigantism then? Wallamoppi "pucks" are nowhere near as large.

I'm gonna bring you a ding dong the next time I see you.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you back, and especially talking about a great game like T&T. I definitely prefer it to either Ticket to Ride (yes, the horror) and Kardinal and Koenig. The other game I compared Thurn and Taxis to in my Origins show was Elfenroads/Elfenland, mainly because you're trying to travel to most of the board in the most efficent way possible. The difference here is that you can, um, "lift the needle" (a better analogy evades me) and restart your route. Anyway, as a old fan of the travelling salesman problem maybe that's what appeals to me over the other two.

And my 4-year-old daughter loves Wallamoppi -- she screams with delight every time the tower falls. But I think she likes dropping and catching the marble more than stacking the disks -- ah well, whatever entertains.

Looking forward to catching up to the Essen show.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home