Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

BGTG 62 - Sep 18, 2006 - Dialing it Back



Okay.


That was a long break, wasn't it? Too long? I think so. In other words, I haven't quit the podcast. I want to do more... I will do more. But in this episode I explain how a combination of internal choices & external pressures has led to this major slowdown of Boardgames To Go.

To be honest, I think I sound a little rusty in this one. But it'll come back to me. I'm looking forward to talking about some games again. I think I may even go back and salvage some of that earlier show I recorded (but never posted) in August.

What I should do--as a comment on this blog pointed out--is just post to the blog every once in a while. Not only does this let my listeners know I'm still out here, still ok (thanks for caring!), I could even include an opinion or two.

Anyway, I'm happy to finally get this show uploaded. I hope it makes some sense.

-Mark

P.S. I didn't take the extra time to include a list of linked game titles as my shownotes. Are these missed by anybody?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to have you back. I was really starting to miss the best boardgaming podcast out there!

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to have another BGTG to listen to, but am glad at the sporadic schedule. First, it means you're achieving the goal you set earlier this year to dial things back a bit. That's a good thing. Second, for my own selfish reasons. With the preponderance of gaming podcasts out there now, as well as other podcasts I enjoy, I actually have begun to prefer irregularly produced podcasts over ones that strive for regular production. There's just too much to listen to!!!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Friends version of Scene it?! That's really dark. What pit of despair have you fallen into? Do you need us to pitch in and buy you a nice Martin Wallace game? :p

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pleasant surprise it was when my iPod told me I had one of your casts. ITunes had downloaded it, and my iPod picked it up without me even knowing it! It was very nice to hear from you again.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Hey, I'll play Friends Scene It over Age of Steam any day. :-)

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark... I've actually withdrawn from gaming even more than you this year! I blame it on several things, though, with growing lack of interest high on that list. I'm just not finding any of the new releases as inspiring as they used to be... It's just more auction/bidding games, more area influence games, more resource management games... I'm actually finding myself interested in playing all the "old" stuff again because of that, though, so hopefully I'll be returning to the "fold" soon!

Scott Woodard

10:23 PM  
Blogger Mike Doyle said...

Great to have you back!!
I didn't really miss links. Particularly if it means you might be more tempted to do a podcast.
Thanks.

Mike

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home