Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Saturday, May 14, 2005

BGTG - May 14, 2005 (SR: Crokinole, Schrille Stille, Star Wars Attack of the Clones, Puerto Rico, Traumfabrik)



This audio session report mostly talks about the games I played at two recent Santa Clarita Boardgamer sessions. What do people listen for in an audio session report, anyway? I don't spend any time explaining the mechanics of the games. That's not a good use of anyone's time, especially my own. You can follow the links below to learn all you'll want about rules & mechanics.

I'm primarily telling stories about what happened when we played the games, sprinkled with some opinions about them. I'd love to expand the opinions into something with more analysis, more depth. But frankly, if I do that it'll be one of the other, themed Boardgames To Go episodes, not wrapped inside an audio session report. (In fact, I've been thinking more about that lately, how I got some good response for the show where I talked about El Grande a bit. I'd like to do more of those, if I'm up to it.)

If the people who like these audio session reports are happy with their rambling nature, then I guess everything's working fine. Currently, they're pretty easy to knock out.


Games mentioned
Pueblo
Rumis
Crokinole
Schrille Stille
Star Wars Attack of the Clones
Puerto Rico
Traumfabrik

Xe Queo!

Email Mark Johnson

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, you mentioned (in the Xe Queo segment) that you weren't sure if you had any European listeners. Well, you have at least one - I'm in Britain.

Love your shows.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Glad to hear it. I was hoping there might be some non-American english speakers listening. During my trip to Essen I got to hang out with some gamers from the UK, but also a couple from Australia and South Africa.

If there are any Canadians listening, they can chuckle at how I say "about." :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Sure, Iain, I like the idea of working in topics my listeners request. Game Awards are my next theme show, but I've been meaning to have another devoted to my personal history with this hobby. That would be a good place to cover this topic, as I describe the various game groups I've been a part of.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember twice playing Schrille Stille to only 50 points instead of 70, which worked well. There is a possiblity of the luck-of-the-draw (as it were) not evening out, but the shorter playing time keeps things from dragging. Good game.

-Mike Mayer

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home