Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Friday, May 23, 2008

BGTG 81 - May 23, 2008 - Games of 2007



Memorial Day Weekend is pretty late for a 2007 recap show, but here it is anyway. I said I'd follow this show up sometime with another blog entry to have a written summary of my games played, too. I found that I enjoyed re-reading my reports from earlier years . . . and missed not having them for 2005 & 2006.

In a nutshell, I'm still playing 400 games per year, about 180 different titles--the same as it's been since about 2000. The only thing different in my numbers last year is the number of new-to-me games dropped from around 90 to less than 70. It's my little battle against the "cult of the new." :-)

I recap some of the 2007 titles that are definite winners with me, and some losers. Then, there's a whole raft of games I still need to try for the first time! (Collateral damage from that battle I just mentioned.)

-Mark

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, As always I enjoyed hearing your thoughts on the previous years games. I have not played nearly as many games as you but I did enjoy a few titles from 2008 with Agricola being my favorite. The game is long but I don't think you will find it heavy. Every turn your options are limited and what you need to complete your goal is many time obvious (all though the player right before you may have taken what you wanted).

One correction : The second rondel game is call Imperial and not Imperium. I too have yet to play a rondel game even though I own Imperial.

I have signed on to start playing Hansa because I enjoyed the one play I have had of that game. Maybe I will see you out there one day. May not be much of a chance since I am on the East Coast but you never know.

On a side note, I noticed you have Zoff im Buffolo up for trade on BGG. I have been looking for that game for some time. Please see if there is anything you would like to trade with StyxParadox.

Keep up the good work,

Daniel Brown

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home