Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Monday, October 15, 2007

BGTG 73 - Oct 15, 2007 - Pre-Essen 2007



I'm just squeezing this show in before the Spiel game fair starts in Essen later this week. If you're like me you've been reading the lists and rumors about new games with great anticipation . . . even though you aren't attending Essen in-person. This year, I took a closer look back at the previous year's Essen buzz before & after the show, confirming that I've only got about three "keepers" from an initial list of perhaps thirty games that caught my eye in some way. And three is a good year!

Does that mean there are only 2-3 that interest me this year? No, it just means that's what I'll have to hang onto in 2008. Right now I'm again interested in well over thirty titles, anxiously awaiting play reports, photos, and even a chance to check them out myself. The process of winnowing down to the few keepers is part of the fun, too.

-Mark

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the podcast Mark. I'm pretty cool on new releases too. I've got so many friends that are into the latest and greatest, and I listen to quite a few podcasts, so I feel that if a game is good it'll be brought to my attention.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home