Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Saturday, November 03, 2007

BGTG 74 - Post-Essen 2007 (with Mike Siggins)


Once again I'm pleased to bring Mike Siggins' boardgame commentary to podcasting with our annual show recapping his observations about Essen. Mike writes some of these in his column on Funagain.com, called The Gamer's Notebook, and that piece is a good companion to this BGTG episode.

At the end, I also have a brief review on the one Essen title I've managed to play so far, Wolfgang Kramer's Origo. I got to play this one even though I've never seen it in-person, thanks to the wonder of Brettspielwelt's online boardgame portal.

-Mark

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cash-a-Catch is the English name of Fangfrisch (the card game with the bell) and I think it's already available from most US online retailers.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Mike Siggins said...

Thanks George. That's the one.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoying the frequency of shows, looking forward to listening to this one.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great show again. The new Essen games sound good. I have a few of them now on order. I hope to meet both of you one day at a convention where we can sit down and play a game. Thanks again for everything you both have done for the hobby.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home