Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

BGTG 40 - Oct. 16, 2005 - SR: Air Baron & Around the World in 80 Days (plus Feedback)




At last! A session report show! And these days, what's even more important to me than the session report about a couple games is the feedback section. I'm so pleased to get as much feedback as I do, and it's great fun to read & reply to it. Per my new format, all of the feedback is pushed to the end of the podcast, so those of you that only want to hear about games get to listen to the session report up front, skipping the rest.

So, what do you think about the picture. Is Ryan right? Do I really look like the David & Goliath #6 card? :-)

-Mark

Links
Air Baron
Around the World in 80 Days
Tim Koffley's audio review of AWTi80D
VASSAL
Hexwar
Skype
Series 120 wargames
Denise's description of the Houston Social and Family Gamesters (page down)
International Board Gaming League

6 Comments:

Blogger ekted said...

With the demise of 2 staples of boardgaming, you are now required, Mark, to continue your podcasts forever. My sanity is in your hands. :)

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which demises? Games Journal and what else?

Yeah, Mark you look alot like the #6 card!

:D

Another great show. I may give Around the World another look. I had wondered if it was too light, but I'm not sure that should ever be a criteria. It sounds like it does have some strategy and depth to it.

12:08 PM  
Blogger ekted said...

Gamefest Game Wire

3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmm, I don't think you look like that #6!

I've been using skype for a while now, off and on. It does work very well. I went to Essen this year. Like you and Candy did, my wife and I combined the Essen-trip with a vacation. We spent almost 2 weeks touring Germany (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/82405 - be warned, this is painfully long. Also, there's an unusual amount of details re: food - I travel for food and games :) ), then ended the trip in Essen (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/83499 ). During the trip, I got my sister- and mother-in-law to install skype, and we chatted quite easily! I tried to add "boardgamestogo" to my contacts list - I thought that's what I heard on the show - but that doesn't appear to be correct. What is your name there?

5:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mark,

you might want to add a link to your skype name or voicemailbox (if possible) on the right side of the web page.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David & Goliath #6 card? Hmmmm... maybe if you were sportin a green shirt...? *LOL*

Great Show - ALWAYS worth listening to! Especially so when I'm surprised to hear my own name!! WOOT!

Check out the fun we had at our Oct Gaming Party:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Houston-Social-Gamesters/message/21829

denise
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Houston-Social-Gamesters/

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home