Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Saturday, November 06, 2010

All of BGTG's archives are up!

At long last I've managed to make all of Boardgames To Go's five and a half year podcast archive available on iTunes! They've always been available through this blog, but the process was cumbersome (at best). Now by getting all of the shows into the main podcast feed, podcast accumulators like iTunes (the 900-lb gorilla), iPodder, Podtrapper, Zune, etc. should all have the entire back catalog of BGTG.

My recent attempts to do this had met with failure until yesterday, and in the process I know some folks subscriptions stopped working. Hopefully that's all been repaired automatically, but if you're still having trouble try un- and re-subscribing again.

I can tell the new feed is working for most people, because my download stats have skyrocketed in the past 24 hours! My daily download average is about 500 when a new show is first posted, curiously maintaining at 100 downloads per day even when there's no new show. Over time, that means most episodes get about 2500 downloads. Is that my audience? I guess so. (I wonder what The Spiel, The Dice Tower, and GG&G get these days. Probably lots more--good for them!) However, now I've had nearly 5000 downloads in the past day. The largest downloads are for the most recent show, but there's a "long tail" of recent downloads for episodes going waaaaay back into the archive. On Monday I'll post an announcement on BGG and then I'll probably get some more.


-Mark

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great you got it to work Mark. I will actually listen through all of them again and mail you any questions or ideas that pop up.
Peter F

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Thanks for putting these up for us iTunes users. It's very interesting how much of it is still topical today. All of them are interesting to me, being relatively new to the strategy game part of the hobby.

Steve
Clovis, CA

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home