Blog
Guild
Archives
Contact

Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Back to normal (and Facebook)

Not only has the podcast not blown up yet (at least I think that's right), but this morning I managed to Undo something I fiddled with on the feed that I later regretted. Though it hasn't gotten me any closer to having all of the podcast archives in iTunes--that's still my major project--I'm hoping I've restored things back to their previously working condition. That's because a listener reminded me that my annual "Essen Anticipation" show ought to be posted soon, and I needed to be sure I could still do that! Look for it sometime during the next 10-14 days (just before Essen, in other words).

Also, if you're not a fan of BGTG on Facebook, you should be! That's where I'm starting to post little snippets about the games I play on game night and other opportunities. I think those posts get linked to Twitter, and then automatically posted over into this blog's sidebar, but on www.facebook.com/BoardgamesToGo you can see the entire blurb, usually along with a photo or link.

-Mark

2 Comments:

Anonymous (Fresno) Jeff Myers said...

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this year's Essen. I can't think of any games I'm exciting about right now. Last year I watched some of the live feed provided by BGG. Did you check that out? It was pretty neat.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

I'm going to be hard-pressed to get the Essen anticipation show done in time, but I'm sure gonna try. I haven't been following the buildup to Essen yet, yet I'll still get excited in a hurry.

Yeah, Jeff, I watched & enjoyed the videos from last year. It was fantastic. I remember getting our Essen news a couple weeks after the fact on web pages of just text. Then people began to own digital cameras, and we started to get photos. Then audio. Now video! What will come next? Holograms or Smell-o-vision?

Let's hope for holograms. :-)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home