Mark Johnson's occasional & opinionated podcast about family strategy boardgames

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Did it work?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Since I set this site up in the prehistory of podcasting, it's built on a complicated mix of three different hosting accounts (libsyn for the podcast files, for my webhosting, and for the blog editing interface). Now after five years one of those tools has changed how it works, which means I need to tweak settings I haven't touched in that long.

(And, stupid me, I waited until the final 48 hours to make these changes I've known were needed for weeks, even months.)

If this entry is correctly posted to the blog, I think that will mean I've done everything right. But I'm still not quite sure, and won't be until the weekend when an old service I've been using is shut down completely. If goes down then, that's why. I'll get it restored, but hopefully there won't be any interruption at all.


Blogger Justus said...

dunno if it will stay this way, but at 10am CDT its working out here in Houston (both the website and my google Reader feed). Have fun tweaking those settings!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Justus said...

though I did just notice that old posts back to "More play-by-web" from Feb22, 2009 did reappear in the google reader feed but that's pretty small potatoes.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

Yeah, and right now gets you to the blog correctly, but leaving off the "www" sends you to the old location. I'm sure I can fix that, just need to re-learn how this stuff works.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Davebo said...

Hey fans, go vote for BGTG on this geeklist! Gotta show our love!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Brent Mair said...

www versus just sounds like a DNS issue. You need to map * to the new server (either an * or just blank).

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

I think you're right, Brent. I think I might know what to do about that, too, but won't get a chance to try it until tomorrow evening.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home